Ingredients (for one ring cake)
250 g butter
250 g sugar
1 packet vanilla sugar
350 g flour
1 packet baking powder4 eggs
1 dessertspoon rum
250 ml milk
3 dessertspoons cocoa powder
200–250g Weinrich Dark Chocolate (Couverture) or Dark Baking- and Cooking Chocolate for Covering.
- Beat the butter with sieved sugar, vanilla sugar and rum until it is frothy. Gradually fold under the egg yolks.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together and mix it bit by bit with milk under the egg yolk mass
- Beat the egg white until it is stiff and fold it under.
- Divide the cake mixture into two halves and mix one half with three dessertspoons of cocoa powder.
- Grease your ring tin and rub it round with flour.
- Fill the tin with white cake mixture and then add the dark mixture on top. Use a fork to make a pattern in the mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in a preheated oven at 175°C.
- Allow the cake to cool down before carefully turning it out onto a dish.
- Cover the cake (cooled down) with liquid chocolate.